Switch to innovation, switch to EMSPEC
Innovation distinguishes a leader from a follower and EMSPEC is a leading innovator in the switchgear market, a global designer and manufacturer of high and medium voltage switching equipment intended for electric power transmission, substations, power generation, renewable energy, heavy energy industry and electrified public rail transportation systems.
EMSPEC’s origin dates back to 1947 as part of the European SDCEM group. Introduced in North America in 1992 as SDCEM Inc., the company became EMSPEC Inc. in 2002 when the local partners acquired the shares from the parent company. We are now a pioneer in innovative switchgear solutions, and our reach extends globally with a strong presence from coast to coast in Canada and holding important market shares in the USA, China, Australia and many more global regions.
EMSPEC manufactures high quality switching equipment, including a complete range of high and medium voltage disconnect switches such as the folding vertical break, vertical break, center break, double end break, side break, semi-pantograph, indoor and outdoor tilt switches, grounding switches, manual and motor operators and a complete range of accessories.
From our modest beginnings to our current leading position in serving many major utilities, power generation customers and the electric energy industry worldwide with our inspired products, services, integrated systems and solutions, we are proud of our accomplishments and want to spread the power of innovation and our knowledge to all of our current and future customers by providing enhanced technology, reliability and high quality products.
- SDCEM is founded in Vif, France1947
- SDCEM opens a North American subsidiary (SDCEM inc.)1992
- Hydro-Quebec homologates SDCEM inc. first switch1994
- SDCEM inc. wins its first catenary contract1994
- ISO 9001 certified1997
- SDCEM inc. becomes EMSPEC inc.2002
- EMSPEC first order for switches for the USA market (New England region)2004
- EMSPEC starts exporting disconnect switches assembled in North America to China2005
- EMSPEC develops & exports Double end break switches for Australia2011
- EMSPEC introduces a large capacity CNC production machine shop for its own parts2013
- Canadian Welding Bureau certified2015